Monday, June 29, 2009

Pop update

Pop has taken a turn today. He's developed apnea. This morning he was going short amounts of time without breathing but it was much longer when we were there in the afternoon. He wasn't focusing well either. Although, around 6:30, he was awake and, while he wasn't talking coherently, he was making eye contact and trying to respond to what we were saying. He tried to respond with an "I love you." His lungs are filled again and the coughing seems to be hurting him. I'm wondering if it's so much a cough as a death rattle.

The nurse gave him a few hours to a day while the woman in charge of his place said she thinks it might be this week. I'm not sure. Pop always amazes me. I do feel he's suffering though and I don't want that for him.

I'm so heartbroken to lose him. I just want peace. I prayed over him today, that Jesus would speak to and be with him and that he would know it. He wouldn't let my hand go as we were leaving. I know he loves Danny, Lucy and I and appreciates all we've done. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

3 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

Jess, we'll be praying big time for you guys. Sending our love and lots of hugs!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Will do Jess. So sorry he's having a rough time of it. I'll pray for an easy transition. I know he'll love his new heavenly body:)

Farrah said...

Thanks ladies. I agree that his heavenly body and the reuniting with his wife, who he hasn't seen in over 40 years, will be well deserved and beautiful.