Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pop

Hi everyone,
Sorry it's been forever. I finally got a new laptop and we're all getting on with life after the loss of Anthony. It always feels so wrong to me that we just continue on when someone is gone but I know it's for the best. I hate to come back and be all depressing but we're losing Pop. He's starting to shut down and his nurse (we switched him to hospice care at the facility he lives) doesn't think he's got more than a few weeks. I never count him out though because this man is amazing! At the same time, it hurts to see him with no quality of life. He can only eat pureed foods and he sleeps most of the time. He's nothing but skin and bones. I will miss him to no end for the rest of my life but I don't want to see him like this anymore. I know he will be new in Heaven. We've been remembering a lot recently all the wonderful things that makes Pop, Pop and all the wonderful memories of times we've had that will have to get us through until we can all be together and whole again. Prayers for his peace and ours are much appreciated. Lucy's been very upset and neither she nor I are sleeping very well. I AM SO TIRED!

In happier news, Lucy is starting a farm camp on Monday. It's right down the road from our house. They have llamas and goats and horses. She'll learn animal care, have a library day, a journal time, cooking, gardening, green Science experiments, Math, hikes and swimming. It runs from 9-4PM, five days a week for two months. She's going to be wonderfully exhausted and I'm planning on having a rough draft of a book finished by the end! This will be a good thing for all. Especially since we've been going crazy trying to help Danny out with work for the past week and a half. He was awarded a contract with the FCC to install the digital converter boxes nationwide and we've been receiving from 800-1000 calls a day! It's madness and I'm ready for a vacation but we feel so very blessed for this work. Danny's amazing because it seems that anything he touches turns to gold. He's really earned respect in his business world and I'm proud of him for doing it by being honest and fair and Godly. I'm thankful too that God is blessing him in return for his faithfulness. Glad all of us girls found wonderful and Godly men. We're very blessed.

Love to all.

1 comment:

Lizzie M. said...

We will be praying for you guys and Pop. He is very loved and will be missed when he leaves this world for his Real Home.

Hope Lucy is blessed and does great at camp. And glad to hear Danny's business is doing awesome!!!!

{{{{Hugs}}}}