Sunday, January 27, 2008

TEA ROSE



I look around/ the wind blows by/ the tea rose fades/ why can't I/ The tear it froze/ half down my face/ my life to all/ just sad disgrace/ They hang their heads/ turn in disgust/ "Tea Rose," they say/ "your life is dust"/ I look around/ the wind blows by/ "Tea Rose", they say/ "will never fly"/ But sweet rain falls/ brings back the smell/ an edible fragrance/ I know too well/ I pick myself up/ I stumble but stand/ I smile at the world/ on its demand/ I am jaded but not down/ I have in me another round/ They look/ they scorn/ they see my fight/ they do not see that I'm alive at night/ my passion rises/ when darkness falls/ my dreams say fight/ you deserve it all/ I try, I try to believe I am beautiful/ I will be a victor/ not a casualty/ And what people will say when I die/ that Tea Rose she was bound to fly.
J.L. (C)

3 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

We're rooting for the tea rose!

Farrah said...

I'm sure she appreciates being rooted for....that's funny, root. I love a good pun!

And I happen to know for a fact that the Tea Rose is a big fan of the Missouri Dizzy Lizzy flower. It's one of a kind and very pretty. Hmmm...I feel another poem coming, I'm going to get on that!

Awww, you inspired me:)

TheFitnessFreak said...

I wish I had room in my head for even one creative thought:) Alas, that will have to wait until the children are grown:)