Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Poetry Corner- I Fear- 1995/96


When the night is over/ there's room for no more tears/ I put on a happy smile/ to cater to people's cheers/ When I try to explain to them, the way things really are/ people laugh and say that could never leave a scar/ I try not to let it hurt, but how could it not/ I'm supposed to look up to her and be thankful for all I've got/ I'm supposed to be perfect/ a sweet child she is, they say/ when they say God will help/ I can only look away/ a merciful God he's supposed to be/ so why does his mercy stop at me/ What do I have to do to make people understand/ I'm lost and sad and so long for someone to hold my hand/ Just one friend to say to me/ I'm sorry for your pain/ One who will never say, it's your fault/ who will not place the blame/ There's nothing I can do for her/ I feel helpless when she's down/ Mom, I say, cheer up/ I can't stand to see you frown/ But I can't be her savior and I don't know what to do/ I miss the way things use to be/ I long for something new/ Will there ever be hope for my once friend/ I don't want to see her sad and lonely to the end/ Still I can't stay here and be hurt by all she says to me/ There's got to be an end to this pain/ something to set me free. J.L. (c)

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Remember, now you're Lucy's mom now. Use these lessons to help you strive to be more to your daughter and husband. Don't let it change who you know you are inside. You have so much love to give and so much love to receive so close that door and open a new one. You cannot change what is but you can change what is going to be.

Farrah said...

This is true, I just thought it was ironic how I faced the exact same problems so many years ago. Thank God we grow up and learn! Thanks for your sweet words.