Monday, October 3, 2011

New Beginnings

There is some sad irony in the last post I wrote on this particular blog, July 11, 2009. In many ways, much of life as I knew it stopped with that post, with the loss of Pop. I think he'd be unhappy with me for shutting down in the ways I have. Now is the time for a new blogging adventure, not to leave his memory behind, but to embrace life, as he did. He taught me so many wonderful lessons. If I don't use the gifts he felt were important enough to pass onto me, I will truly be dishonoring him. A good place to start is with the poem that inspired the name of this blog. It was posted back in 2007 when I started The Great Author. Hint: It's not me;)


Poetry Corner....The Great Author
I've always known each moment of my life has been planned/ my story written by God's own hand/ like a best selling novel there's been wonderful humor and healing tears/ times of heartache and anger, dreams and fears/ I love and anticipate reading each new page/ every day a new story unfolds/ and though I don't mean to question the all knowing writer, at times my story seems to bare holes/ There are times I am tired and the words seem to blur/ and times I am positive a happy ending should occur/ I guess it doesn't need to make sense to me/ He's the author, he knows what should be/ And like a great writer when the plot begins to lose my attention and my eyes begin turning away/ He throws in a new twist to assure I abide by his way/ It's then I recall the knowledge that a character is nothing without the one who made her/ that every breath I take should be breathed for my creator/ I may not always understand why he allows the chapters in my life to sometimes cause me pain/ but I know he knows me better than I will ever know myself/ and every hard time I overcome by turning to him/ will everlastingly be for my gain/ So Lord take your pen and write what you must/ good or bad, easy or hard/ your pen gave me life and that life to you I entrust. (C) JL

2 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

Soooo glad you are back! :-)

Farrah said...

Thanks, Liz. I missed you too:)